The Homegrown version of the Nike Dunk High Premium is inspired by Ithaca, New York and engulfs itself to represent the area’s wooded terrain and natural beauty. The shoe uses rugged pig skin suede, hiker laces and details on the insole from designer Jesse Hill to express the outdoor appeal while still sporting the Dunk silhouette. The cliché fall colors are complimented by the grey suede swoosh and dark green lining.
With all that already sounding amazing, Homegrown has another treat up their sleeves. Available only in stores, and in limited amounts, special all hand-crafted wooden boxes can be purchased. Each box uses designs from Jesse Hill, however each box is unique in terms of designs. No two are alike. The shoes are then packed in a hand-screened cotton muslin dust bag. A matching tee-shirt will be included. The shoes, tee, wooden box, and dust bags will be available as the LTD Pack, details below.
On January 8th, the LTD pack, and regular shoe boxes will release in The Homegrown Skate Shop (104 E. State St. Ithaca NY, 14850) in a limited quantity.
An online release will follow the next day on Nike.
- LTD Pack (shoes, tee, wooden box, and dust bags) are limited 1 per customer.
- Shoes are limited to 2 per customer (1 regular and 1 LTD or 2 regular)
- Wooden boxes are a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis starting at 10am Jan. 8
- LTD Packs are $185 with sizes of 7-13 only
- Shoes purchased in regular boxes will be $120 with sizes 6-13
- Online release on January 9th for $120
What’s your opinion? Leave it in the comments below.
Check out the New Balance X New Era 580 sneaker here.