The Hyperdunk is the workhorse of Nike’s Basketball line. With its debut in 2008 at the Olympics, the shoe has had many technological advances over the years. The shoe is a top favorite among ballers everywhere. Nike’s statement about the Hyperdunk : “The Nike Hyperdunk 2015 shoe features the brand’s top performance technology and a striking, cutting-edge silhouette. The Hyperdunk 2015 is a lightweight, responsive shoe that feels like a high-top, but performs like a low-top. Modern design cues of the futuristic NIKE MAG inspired the new Hyperdunk, including the extended collar height and minimalist upper with reduced layers.”
The Hyperdunk releases globally on July 1 for $140 at most major Nike retailers.
Here is the tech used in the upper portion of the shoe :
1. Hyperfuse construction fuses lightweight textile with support skins to create a seamless, one-piece upper for lightweight durability and support.
2. Flexible collar foam helps lock the foot in place, providing the support of a high-top with the feel of a low-top.
3. Internal bootie construction features mesh and foam, which stretch and conform to the foot for a snug, comfortable fit.
4. Nike Flywire technology wraps the foot for a dynamic feel and lockdown support perfected for basketball. Molded channels allow the Flywire cables to loosen and tighten with the natural motion of the foot.
Traction is an important part of excelling on the court, here is how Nike improved it :
1. Zoom Air units in the heel and at the forefoot provide low profile, responsive cushioning for excellent court feel.
2. Midsole foam surrounding the heel functions as a heel counter to enhance stability.
3. Phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning and stability.